Solved was Re: [Dovecot] Internal login failure

Peter Clark peter-clark at bethel.edu
Thu Jan 6 19:48:09 EET 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 11:35, Peter Clark wrote:
> I'll investigate further, and if I can pin the blame more
> specifically on something, I'll let you know.
    Ok, the problem was actually in the LDAP schema that was being used. (It
was taken from an obscure project; I'll email the authors and let them know.)
It used the SUP keyword incorrectly, refering to an attribute, rather than an
object. I don't know why it threw Dovecot off, since SASL and Postfix seemed
to have handled it gracefully, but correcting the schema fixed everything. If
anyone wants to know more details, I would be willing to provide them, but
otherwise, case closed.
    :Peter