[Dovecot] Internal login failure

Kazuo Moriwaka moriwaka at valinux.co.jp
Thu Jan 6 09:01:45 EET 2005

Hello,

From: Peter Clark <peter-clark at bethel.edu>
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Internal login failure
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:39:14 +0300

> stripped. So let's try LDIF before I attempt to recompile the whole thing.
> The output of slapcat, first for a virtual account that works:
>
> dn: uid=peter,ou=mailAccounts,dc=mydomain,dc=tld
> and now for an account that doesn't work:
>
> dn: uid=natashia,ou=mailAccounts,dc=forrussia,dc=org

I found dc fields are different between them.
 - What is your LDAP server's root dn?
 - Can you find natashia's entry by ldapsearch?
   (slapadd and slapcat doesn't mind which entry dn is match for
   tree or not)
 - Can you find natashia's entry by ldapsearch?

regards,
--
Kazuo Moriwaka <moriwaka at valinux.co.jp>