[Dovecot] LDAP authenticated bind support

J.M. Maurer mmaurer at betterbe.com
Fri Dec 30 17:37:33 EET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 16:54 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 13:28 +0100, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> > Recently at Better.be we implemented LDAP authenticated bind support for
> > dovecot. A patch against CVS HEAD is attached.
>
> Thanks. I'm doing a few small modifications to this, should be in CVS
> soon.

Great, thanks. I hate maintaining patches :)

> Is there a reason why ldap_verify_plain_authbind() calls ldap_search()
> directly instead of using db_ldap_search(), other than the ability to
> specify scope? Using db_ldap_search() it'll reconnect to LDAP server
> whenever it needs to.

db_ldap_search() can specify the scope too. Think more along the lines
of "I didn't had coffee yet when I wrote that line".

Note that when you s/ldap_search/db_ldap_search/, you'll have to tweak
handle_request_authbind_search() too, as it will think the ldap_search()
call went successfully when res == NULL (while db_ldap_search will
return NULL on error).

Cheers,
  Marc