[Dovecot] Migrating from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot

Andreas Mimz Andreas.Mimz at kOS2.de
Tue Dec 27 13:00:53 EET 2005

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>> Hi!
>>

>> I'm currently trying to migrate from courier-imapd to dovecot...
>> Unfortunately I'm experiences some difficulties here...
>> Since I don't want any user to notice the change of the server backend
>> I've tried changing the namespace in dovecot.conf to
>>

>> namespace private {
>>  separator = .
>>  location = maildir:~/Maildir
>>  prefix = INBOX.
>>  inbox = yes
>>  hidden = no
>> }
>>

>> With this setting almost everything works fine! Almost... ;-)
>> Squirrelmail won't show 'INBOX' on the left side of the folder tree...
>> If  I configure dovecot without the 'INBOX.' prefix it works fine in
>> Squirrelmail, except that all other eMail clients show all sub-folders
>> as a sub-folder of root and not the inbox...
>>
>> root \- inbox
>> \- sent
>> \- trash
>> \- drafts
>> \- private
>> \- spam
>>

>> instead of
>> root
>> \- inbox
>> |  \- sent
>> |  \- trash
>> |  \- drafts
>> |  \- private
>> |  \- spam
>>

>> any Idea what could be wrong? I've read the wiki about the
>> courier-migration and also tried the conversion script ... but something
>> is wrong I'm afraid...
>>

> You have contacted wrong list. Display of inbox subfolders depends on used
> SquirrelMail version and other SquirrelMail settings. You haven't provided
> information about your SquirrelMail version and used preset.

I'm using Squirrelmail 1.5.1 CVS version and I've patched
"functions/imap_mailbox.php" because it looks like if squirrel can't
find the 'INBOX' folder so I add it if it there's none...
But I've found another "problem"... Outlook or Outlook Express both add
the "INBOX" Folder to the 'subscriptions' file. I don't really know if
this is necessary - but in Thunderbird and Squirrelmail I then have an
subfolder of inbox which is called 'INBOX'! i can unsubscribe from the
folder then it's gone... until I open any of the Outlook clients... Is
this maybe a namespace problem??