[Dovecot] Dovecot Version Numbers - Let's drop the Alpha?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Dec 21 03:45:55 EET 2005

--On Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:54 PM +0100 Florian Schnabel
<florian.schnabel at docufy.de> wrote:

> if it's for cosmetic reasons only anyway ...
> get the source, change version number and compile ^^

One could even fork it under a new name and call it version 1.0. The person
creating the fork would be responsible for maintaining fixes for what's
essentially a 3rd party release branch. (I suspect Timo doesn't want that
headache while continuing development on the trunk.)