[Dovecot] Compiling 1.0alpha5 on Mac OS X 10.4 Server

Roger Weeks rjw at mcn.org
Thu Dec 15 00:11:05 EET 2005

I am trying to compile the 1.0alpha5 on Mac OS X Server 10.4.3, and
not having success.  My configure flags are:

./configure --with-mysql

We're thinking of migrating from courier.

The configure processes okay, but I get this error a ways through the
make:

/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _sha1_result
../lib/liblib.a(sha1.o) definition of _sha1_result in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(sha1.o) definition of _sha1_result in
section (__TEXT,__text)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [dovecot-auth] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Has anyone seen this error compiling?  I'm not sure how to get around
it.

--
Roger J. Weeks
Systems & Network Administrator