[Dovecot] Patch: ioloop using kqueue/kevent for FreeBSD

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 14 20:52:30 EET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 17:42 +0100, Vaclav Haisman wrote:
> Only after posting the first patch I realised it is not good enough wrt/
> IO_ERROR handling. The attached patch should be better.

Thanks, committed. I did a few minor changes so that it's consistent
with Dovecot's coding style. Also a few other changes:

 - unsigned char mode:3; -> enum io_condition in the struct. More
readable and it doesn't use more space anyway unless you're going to add
more fields.

 - memset() isn't needed after p_new(), it's already guaranteed to be
zeroed.

I'm not sure if the IO_ERROR handling isn't exactly correct. Can a
callback be called twice there when error happens? Anyway, IO_ERROR
isn't currently used anywhere. I added it for code that's going to be in
Dovecot 2.0 where it needs to know when pipe gets closed.

What are the AC_CANONICAL_* macros in configure.in? I didn't add them.