[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA config problem on RHEL 4 x86_64

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Thu Dec 8 22:31:27 EET 2005

I see the same problem

I downloaded from cvs - dovecot and dovecot-lda
Did autogen, configure, make on dovecot
(see autogen and configure scripts below)

  [root at hoho0 cvs]# cat conf-dov-cvs-rdg.sh
  export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /usr/share/aclocal/"
  ./autogen.sh 2>&1 | tee autogen.out

[root at hoho0 cvs]# cat conf-rdg.sh
export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/ssl/include
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -ldl"

./configure    \
  --without-deliver \
  --with-gnu-ld           \
  --with-ldap             \
  --with-pgsql            \
  --with-mysql            \
  --with-ssl=openssl      \
2>&1  | tee config.out
[root at hoho0 cvs]#

Then did autogen, configure on dovecot-lda and got hang before Makefile
was generated (but script said it was generating Makefile)

My system is Fedora4 and is pretty up2date - maybe a week behind using
updates, base, extras

[root at hoho0 cvs]# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4 (bhcompile at hs20-bc1-4.build.redhat.com)
(gcc version 4.0.1 20050727 (Red Hat 4.0.1-5)) #1 Wed Nov 9 18:19:37 EST
2005
[root at hoho0 cvs]#

I am running Dovecot and Postfix - seems pretty solid, but I would like
to have the filtering done at incoming time.

Bob G

tomi hakala wrote on Thu Nov 17 22:41:51 EET 2005