[Dovecot] "pop before smtp" dovecot.conf

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Wed Dec 7 20:41:02 EET 2005

Bonjour John Peacock,
> Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
> >	I would like to generate (on the fly) a list "popbeforesmtp"
> >	when dovecot POP/IMAP authentication succeed.
>
> You should really be using AUTH SMTP, which all modern mail clients and
> SMTP servers support and which obviates the need for such hackery...
	I Fully Agree with you and it was my first reaction, but...
	Experience show 'simple' user are somewhat lost with
	"yet another authentication configuration needed when you are
	sending E-mail from outside the relayed network"...
	popbeforesmtp give us some flexibility...

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon		      Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon at safe.ca
SAFE Inc.		    	Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946
       REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing package for ISP
           REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">