[Dovecot] Big quota problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 6 19:21:12 EET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 17:11 +0000, William Ross wrote:

> >> Well... but you have to correct %n with vpopmail backend. %u in the
> >> default_mail_env (like in the log) is always the user name without
> >> the
> >> domain....
> >
> > That's a bug in Dovecot's vpopmail code. I don't know why it doesn't
> > work. Would be nice if someone using vpopmail fixed that..
>
> point me in the right direction and I'll have a go.

src/auth/passdb-vpopmail.c

If user logs in as user at domain, then they both should be in
request->user string. %d is taken from there. I don't see request->user
being modified in that file either, so I think it should have worked..

Or is the problem here that user logs in as "user" and it internally
gets converted to user at domain? In that case request->user should be
modified from vpw->pw_name or vpop_user/vpop_domain or something.. I
think I used to do that, but that seemed to break it even worse:

	* src/auth/passdb-vpopmail.c: Don't replace request->user with
	  vpw->pw_name. It drops domain part and causes userdb lookup to
	  fail.

Maybe the right thing to do is:

request->user = p_strdup(request->pool, "%s@%s", vpop_user, vpop_domain);

?