[Dovecot] dotlock & NFS

Todd Burroughs todd at hostopia.com
Tue Dec 6 02:45:41 EET 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is dotlock supposed to work with NFS? I noticed that the default-locking
> method causes problems even with nfslockd started.

I'm using fcntl locking over NFS and it seems to work fine.

This is using Linux servers and NetApp filers,  The kernel is 2.6.x
and lockd runs as a kernel thread.  It should work with userspace lockd
though.  Make sure that rpc.statd is running as well. (if it's needed,
it isn't with 2.6 kernels, not sure about *BSD, Solaris, etc.)

I haven't used it, but dotlocking should work.

Todd