[Dovecot] Restricting access to imap ?

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Tue Apr 26 18:50:20 EEST 2005

Is there a way to restrict access to imap on a per-user basis ?
Situation is as following : internal server w/many users, some users
work also from home. I would like to make their mailboxes accessible
from outside via imaps, but only for selected users with strong
passwords. If dovecot would run via inetd, I could use hosts.allow
patterns for this. Any idea or is this just not possible ? (I know the
easiest way would be to connect via VPN but thst is not possible at the
moment).

Yours,
Jakob Curdes