[Dovecot] libexecdir and localstatedir problem

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Fri Apr 22 19:17:44 EEST 2005

Hello,

I'd really like to define the finale libexecdir and localstatedir
through the configure-script. But the Makefiles are rewriting them. Not
$libexecdir is used, but $pkglibexecdir. And $pkglibexecdir is always
defined as $libexecdir/dovecot. But I don't want this trailing "/dovecot".
Same with localstatedir. I want dovecot to use a certain path. But to
this path, a "run/dovecot" is appended. I surely could build some
patchfiles to change the Makefiles. But it would be easier, if you could
add a new directive --pgklibexecdir to the configure-script.
I don't know where the "run/dovecot" is defined, but it would also be
very fine to set it in the configure-script (specially when upgrading to
new releases) instead of defining them all in the dovecot.conf
(base_dir, login_dir).

Regards
Marten