[Dovecot] Internal login failure

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Sep 9 17:46:04 EEST 2004

ok, so, dovecot 0.99.11, Solaris 9.

i have:

auth_userdb = passwd
auth_passdb = shadow

in my dovecot.conf, which gets me logged into dovecot in the first place,
but then i get:

Sep  9 09:52:41 ford.4amlunch.net imap-login: [ID 457029 mail.info] Internal login failure: wonko [10.0.1.6]

in /var/log/syslog

how do i track down exactly what the problem is so i can fix it?  i would love
to add SSL to my imap service, and don't care to mess with cyrus seeing how
dovecot seems to be so nice.

thanks!!

-brian
--
"The cats tend to administer themselves, and contrary to the expected facts,
the house and everything in it was installed for their benefit."   -- Nic Clews