[Dovecot] dovecot and new mail notification for subfolders in Mail.app

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Sat Oct 23 18:07:09 EEST 2004

Hello,

I am using dovecot as an IMAP server to which Mail.app (Apple Mail)
connects.  However I do not get any notification of new mails in folders
other than the inbox, unless I disconnect and reconnect Mail.app or
click on the folder with new mail.

I'm pretty sure the problem comes from Mail.app. I have searched on
Google for how to go around this issue, and have not yet found a
solution. If someone here uses Mail.app and dovecot, I'd be really glad
to have some advice as to what to do.

(by the way, and this is probably related: new folders created in the
maildir structure do not get reflected in Mail.app until I disconnect
and reconnect).

Thanks a lot,

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.
.O.