[Dovecot] direct access or local IMAP access?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri Oct 22 13:47:06 EEST 2004

Hello,

Thanks to much help from Timo Sirainen, I now have a running dovecot on
my Mac, that works great both with mutt and Mail.app.

I'm going to have a lot of mail stored there (about 40000 messages for
1.4GB in 30 folders), and I was wondering if it was better (in terms of
performance and stability) to directly access the mail using the maildir
hierarchy, or access it using local IMAP.

Thanks a lot,

Alan Schmitt

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool happen.
.O.