[Dovecot] SASL

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Tue Oct 12 10:47:20 EEST 2004

I've been browsing the wiki and thru my mail-list archives but haven't
found an answer.  does/can dovecot 0.99.x support authenticating with a
SASL database?

I'll be setting up a new mail server for my offices using
Sendmail/MIMEDefang/ClamAV/etc with dovecot as the IMAP server.

I'm not familiar at all with LDAP. I know that sendmail will
authenticate to a SASL database and it's fairly easy to setup. My goal
is that I can support "real" users (actual user accounts) but allow
their mail passwords to be different than their login passwords, and
changeable via some sort of CGI interface.

(I also have 2 weeks to accomplish this)

any assistance is appreciated

alan