[Dovecot] Re: ldap SMD5 vs. CRYPT

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 9 14:55:17 EEST 2004

On 8.10.2004, at 04:35, Adam Pordzik wrote:

> Although I appreciate your work I doubt that this is the right way:
> Everytime a new encryption comes to any ldap-server, dovecot has to
> follow. I'm really, really no Unix/C programer, so I can't appraise
> what makes more work: To (re-)implement a new hash algorithm or to
> support auth. ldap binds.

Originally when I implemented LDAP support I didn't even know there
existed such things as authentication binds. And later I just haven't
cared myself enough about that issue, I don't need it and there are
more important things for me to do. The annoying thing with it is that
it'd have to be implemented asynchronously, which may not be simple.