[Dovecot] timeout when retrieving folder list w/ Evolution 2.0?

leon breedt bitserf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:12:33 EEST 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:42:47 +0300, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> Nothing in server logs? Sounds like it crashed. This is with 0.99.11?
Nothing but the auth Login: line. This is version 1.0-test46 on
RHEL3...compiled using a tweaked spec file.

It doesn't seem like it crashed though, as closing down Evolution and
starting it back up makes it work...its like just that particular
connection stops responding. New connections keep on working for other
accounts. Don't see any sig11 messages in the logs or any other
messages indicating early exit. And CPU utilization looks normal after
it stops responding. Couldn't find any coredumps either..

The maildir was one I copied over from Courier IMAP, and I followed
the Wiki migration instructions. I also tried shutting down Courier,
rm -rf on .INBOX, and removing all the generated files I could find in
the maildir, but it still occurs.

Would a complete transcript of all the IMAP commands leading up to
this issue help? The service is sitting behind Perdition, so I can log
that too.

Leon