[Dovecot] Slow squirrelmail login/IMAP CPU 80%

rusecure at rogers.com rusecure at rogers.com
Mon Oct 4 05:03:14 EEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 12:52, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 2.10.2004, at 06:51, rusecure at rogers.com wrote:
>
> > I've been having a problem with Dovecot on Fedora Core 2 with
> > SquirrelMail on the same system.
>
> Is this Dovecot 0.99.11?

Actually it is 0.99.10. I just upgraded to 0.99.11 and I seem to have
the same problem.

> > When ever I login through SquirrelMail the imap process consumes around
> > 80% of my CPU and the login takes forever (about 10 minutes). 1
> >
> > Once I do manage to login, everything is fine and can even log out and
> > back in without issue.
>
> How large mailboxes do you have? Is this maildir or mbox? Sounds like
> it spends a lot of time indexing the mailbox.

That's what I was thinking as well. I have about 6000 messages spread
around 3 folders. I brought that down to about 50 messages and things
are looking much better right now. I was hoping it wouldn't come to
that.

I'm running maildir format. Is mbox any faster?

Nelson