[Dovecot] 1.0-test10

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 26 05:41:09 EEST 2004

On 25.5.2004, at 06:37, Matthias Andree wrote:

> I haven't installed this version, but ran it with "sudo
> ./src/master/dovecot -F" in the build directory.
>
> I wonder if this is still current after test 12 3/4, and if it's valid
> given that I didn't do "make install", but logging looks a bit
> incomplete:
>
> dovecot: May 25 05:34:47 Error: imap-login: imap-login: Info: Login:
> ma [127.0.0.1]
>
> Should this have been two log lines, one error (that got lost), one
> info?

It's because Dovecot changed it's logging system. Now imap-login writes
"imap-login: info: Login: ma [127.0.0.1]" to stderr, which
dovecot-master picks up, notices that it isn't using it's internal
logging protocol (line doesn't start with ASCII 1), so it assumes it's
an error and prefixes the message with "imap-login".

After make install your imap-login talks the internal logging protocol
and doesn't prefix lines with extra "imap-login" or "info".