[Dovecot] 1.0-test12

Maikel Verheijen maikel at ladot.com
Mon May 24 17:49:19 EEST 2004

Hi Timo and list,

On May 24, 2004, at 5:16 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>   - "Maildir sync: UID < next_uid (446 < 447, file = .." errors should
> be fixed
>   - fixes for detecting changes in uidvalidity and external uidnext
> changes
>   - several fixes and cleanups in index file handling. less code than
> before and now changes to index header also go through transaction log.
> that should mean that soon I can get mmap_disable = yes to work without
> reading the main index file more than once.
>
> Are maildir syncing problems finally fixed now? :) I think the "message
> sequence out of range" problems are fixed now too.
>
> Rest of the important known problems are mostly related to
> mmap_disable=yes or fcntl_locks_disable=yes settings.

With test 12 I get a lot of these errors on my test box (using NFS &
both settings above set to yes, so this is probably known):

> May 24 15:43:57 fruttel dovecot: imap(user at domain.tld):
> file_try_lock() failed with file
> /var/mail/mounted/d/do/domain.tld/user/Maildir/.INBOX/
> dovecot.index.tmp: Operation not supported
> May 24 15:43:57 fruttel dovecot: imap(user at domain.tld): file
> mail-transaction-log.c: line 710 (mail_transaction_log_file_map):
> assertion failed: (start_offset <= end_offset)
> May 24 15:43:57 fruttel dovecot: child 1710 (imap) killed with signal 6
> May 24 15:44:02 fruttel dovecot: imap-login: Login: user at domain.tld
> [172.31.5.186]
> May 24 15:44:02 fruttel dovecot: imap(user at domain.tld):
> file_try_lock() failed with file
> /var/mail/mounted/d/do/domain.tld/user/Maildir/.INBOX/
> dovecot.index.tmp: Operation not supported
> May 24 15:44:06 fruttel dovecot: imap-login: Login: user at domain.tld
> [172.31.5.186]
> May 24 15:44:06 fruttel dovecot: imap(user at domain.tld):
> file_try_lock() failed with file
> /var/mail/mounted/d/do/domain.tld/user/Maildir/.INBOX/
> dovecot.index.tmp: Operation not supported

I can log in and read mail using pop3, but imap won't work using apples
"mail.app" or microsofts "outlook express".

pop3 stops working after I have tried to log in using imap, until I
remove the index* files from the .INBOX/ folder. Pop3 only checked
manually, don't know enough of imap's syntax to try manually. My
mail.app claims "select" is going wrong.

Kind regards,

Maikel Verheijen
Ladot Nederland BV.