[Dovecot] why does dovecot child die on these messages?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat May 22 05:04:15 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 12:43, Charlie Allom wrote:
> I find that emails before a certain date are OK - but if i edit them and
> then try and refetch them - the child dies yet again. So I removed all
> .imap.* and let dovecot redo it's stuff. No go.
>
> Some followup information before the meat of the truss:
>
> 	http://lazy.spodder.com/~yeled/BSD/broken.dove.txt

24087:     *   2 9   F E T C H   ( U I D   4 4   B O D Y [ H E A D E R ]
24087:     { 3 4 1 }\r\n
24087:  sendfilev64(1, 1, 0xFFBFF438, 1, 0xFFBFF434)    Err#124 EAFNOSUPPORT
sfv_fd=9        sfv_flag=0x0    sfv_off=0       sfv_len=341

You've set mail_save_crlf = yes, and looks like sendfile() doesn't work
for some reason and Dovecot doesn't try to fallback to write()..

Dovecot only checks for EINVAL error, I'll add EAFNOSUPPORT in the check
too.