[Dovecot] 1.0-test22 - maildir fixed?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 28 12:39:08 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 21:32, Moe Wibble wrote:
> Sorry, still getting:
>
> sp dovecot: IMAP(moe): Maildir /home/moe/Maildir/.INBOX.zp sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox (1515 > 1514, file = msg.QNsy:2,)

Are you sure the maildir filename is unique and has never existed
before? If "msg.QNsy" is the real name, it doesn't conform to maildir
spec, although Dovecot doesn't really care about that. But if QNsy is
eg. inode number, this could easily happen just because inode numbers
are reused and you don't have any kind of timestamp in the file name.

Older Dovecots and probably most other maildir clients don't complain
about reappearing files, but I think that may cause some (rare) hidden
problems.

If they really are unique, it would be helpful if you could run a
debugging patch and send all the output to me. It generates
/tmp/dovecot.* files with tons of debugging data.

http://dovecot.org/patches/dovecot-maildir-debug.diff