[Dovecot] Sym links to subfolders?

Kevin Cramer kcramer at siscom.net
Thu Jun 24 16:35:41 EEST 2004

I just installed dovecot 0.99.10.6 and I'm trying to use symlinks for
subfolders.  I have my mail in ~/Maildir and I want to make symlinks
such as from .Sent to ~/Mail/Sent.  All of these folders are maildir
and the permissions are correct.

I've searched the list and I cannot find anything stating that it
should not work.  In fact I've seen posts that claim it should work.
However, it does not work for me and looking at maildir-list.c around
line 101, it appears that it is only checking for directories and not
for links.

I'm doing this because I have it setup so I can use mutt directly
against the maildir folders and so IMAP will work against them.  It's
worked great for over a year but I want to move it to a different
machine and I wanted to switch from courier-imap to dovecot.

Can anyone confirm that it works or not?  Any ideas on how to address
this issue?

Thanks,
Kevin