[Dovecot] 1.0-test20

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 22 20:16:13 EEST 2004

On 22.6.2004, at 19:59, Mark E. Mallett wrote:

> Also, I would be interested in having other LDAs know how to update the
> indexes when filing messages.  How hard would it be to provide an API
> of
> some sort, without any external/contextual dependencies, that could be
> used by an LDA when it stores a new message?

Using Dovecot's mail-storage.h API should work pretty well with
1.0-tests. mail_storage_create(), mailbox_open(),
mailbox_transaction_create(), mailbox_save(),
mailbox_transaction_commit() and there it is.

Some of the settings are configured via environment variables which is
kind of ugly, "grep getenv src/lib-storage/**/*.c" would show them..

Here's my earlier attempt at creating LDA, Dovecot's APIs have changed
since so it doesn't compile anymore but it shows the needed
initialization: http://dovecot.org/tmp/deliver.c

dovecot-auth would also need to listen in some unix socket so you could
do userdb lookups to it, which it doesn't yet.