[Dovecot] 1.0-test17

Fri Jun 18 23:53:58 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/test/
>
> Just mbox fixes since 1.0-test16. The logic is simpler and more correct
> now. Can anyone break it anymore? I actually tested it a while with
> Evolution and several mailboxes and it didn't break at least
> immediately. :)

well I can break maildir here - although I'm quite unfair :-)

I get a shitload of:

mail-transaction-log-view.c: line 122 (mail_transaction_log_view_set):
assertion failed: (min_file_seq != max_file_seq || min_file_offset <=
max_file_offset)
Jun 18 22:39:58 cronos dovecot: child 42945 (imap) killed with signal 6
Jun 18 22:39:58 cronos dovecot: imap-login: Login:
mail-transaction-log-view.c: line 122 (mail_transaction_log_view_set):
assertion failed: (min_file_seq != max_file_seq || min_file_offset <=
max_file_offset)

what I'm doing here is quite "strange" - though :-)

i have courier-imap and dovecot serving the same(!) maildir (on
different ports) for evaluation and comparison. what happens now is that
new mail gets delivered into the inbox, mozilla-thunderbird (using the
dovecot-connection) "sees" it and displays the headers,
mozilla-thunderbird courier sees it too and "moves" the message into a
subfolder due to a filterrule -> *booom*.

while I agree that this is not a typical situation I would much prefer
if dovecot could handle that a litte better then just crashing :-(

OS is FreeBSD 4.10, client is mozilla-thunderbird. authentication is
going through pgsql.

Stefan