[Dovecot] 2 problems

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 10 19:04:45 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 17:28, Cor Bosman wrote:
> Hi all, im testing dovecot as a replacement imap server and noticed 2
> problems in 0.99.10.5.
>
> if you use dovecot/pop on an account who's quota is fully used, dovecot will
> ungracefully stop. This will only happen when the account is first
> accessed by dovecot (for instance, when offering IMAP to an existing
> userbase using dovecot, or when the index files have inadvertently been
> deleted).

Out of quota isn't handled too well if it happens for indexes or
dovecot-uidlist file. Best way to get it working now would be to place
them in different partition without quota with INDEX and CONTROL
settings in default_mail_env.

For 1.0 I'll try to get it working much better, but there's still some
unsolvable(?) theoretical problems if dovecot-uidlist file can't be
updated (how do you make sure same UID won't be given twice for
different messages, if you can't save the UIDs between sessions?).