[Dovecot] mbox configuration

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 10 18:41:41 EEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 00:11, Nina Pham wrote:
> Hi, I change the dovecot.conf
> default_mail_env = mbox:/Mail/IMAP/%u/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
> After I did the change, I restart dovecot with the hope that folder that
> I create will be stored in /Mail/IMAP/%u. Then I use Mozzila as my email
> client  and change the IMAP server directory to ~nina/IMAP/ which is the
> link to /Mail/IMAP/nina/.

With Dovecot you can't by default specify the mail directory from IMAP
client itself. You could do this by setting
mail_full_filesystem_access = yes, but that's probably not what you
want.

Since you already set the directory in server side, all you have to do
in Mozilla is simply clear the IMAP server directory.