[Dovecot] mta/mda config

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 3 01:35:29 EEST 2004

On 2.6.2004, at 23:13, Jure Pecar wrote:

> For large mailstore setups, it makes sense to split maildirs across
> many
> directories. I see that setting default_mail_env to something like
> maildir:/var/imap/domain/%1d/%d/%1u/user/%u/ would create almost
> identical
> on-disk layout as multidomain cyrus setup. Now, as dovecot does not
> have its
> own mda or lmtp daemon, how does one configure mta (eg. postfix) to
> deliver
> mail in such maildirs?

Hmm. No idea. Dovecot LDA is probably implemented some day in this
summer, but for 1.0-test versions which aren't yet stable.

> Related question ... any cyrus to dovecot migration tales? :)

There's a tool for it, cyrus2courier, which also supports Dovecot. I
last checked it at v1.1 which is mirrored at http://dovecot.org/tools/.
It's current version seems to be 1.3, hopefully it's still
Dovecot-compatible.