[Dovecot] Fedora 1 packaged version or upgrade to newest dovecot

Jens Gutzeit dovecot at gutzeit.at
Wed Jun 2 10:30:09 EEST 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 12:42:21AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 09:00, Daniel wrote:
> > I running dovecot that is packaged with Fedora 1 with about 1500 email
> > accounts approximately 5k messages per day. I have had to restart
> > dovecot twice over a period of about 3 months due to it not responding.
> > Overall I'm happy with the setup, however would I see and improvement if
> > I upgraded to the latest version, at time of writing 0.99.10.5.
>
> 0.99.10.5 fixes several real problems, although they didn't happen very
> often with most people. See
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2004-May/003495.html

Timo, I have the same problem with dovecot, I have to restart it
sometimes, mostly each week or so. I'm using a script to automaticaly
check if dovecot is responding and restart it if not, is there
any information I could let the script grab from the system to help
you fixing this problem?

best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jens Gutzeit