[Dovecot] index file corruption

mat at reynerie.org mat at reynerie.org
Sun Feb 29 21:59:20 EET 2004

Hi,

I'm using Dovecot (dovecot-0.99.10p0) on OpenBSD-3.4 for few weeks now.

When i connect to my IMAP account the connection is often closed by
dovecot when i try to delete mails.

I can see messages like this in log:

Feb 29 18:47:00 po imap(mat at reynerie.org): Corrupted binary tree file
/home/mat/Maildir//.INBOX/.imap.index.tree: used_file_size larger than
real file size (1772 vs 1556)

I tried to remove all index files, but the problem
still occur.
I also tried Maildir and Mbox, same problem (i can't remember
if the log are similar with mbox, if needed i will test again).

I have ktraced the imap process and try (succesfully) to reproduce
this behaviour:
I have re-send a lot of spam and delete few of them from mailbox
until the problem occur.

All logs/kdump/config are here: http://mat.reynerie.org/dovecot/
In the kdump file, the problem is visible at the end,
Dovecot is compiled (via ports) with:

env CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib" CONFIGURE_ARGS="--with-ldap --with-ldap-includes=/usr/local/include --with-ldap-lib=/usr/local/lib" make

Searching the mailing list archives, i have not found any solutions.

--
mat