[Dovecot] IMAP subfolders

Manuel Moran Vaquero moran at uvigo.es
Wed Feb 25 11:05:52 EET 2004

Sven Kirmess escribió:

> I guess the better aproach would be to have an option like wu-imap
> which transfers the mbox-INBOX into the maildir-INBOX each time time
> INBOX is stated, or however that is called in IMAP. This could remove the
> absolut need for an LDA if used with sendmail.

Thanks, Sven! But I think I'll stick to the Rick Johnson's solution
about modifying procmail delivery, and converting all users' mailboxes
to Maildir.

This makes me think about the dovecot integration in Fedora Core 1. It
works perfectly out of the box with sendmail, but as default on a mbox
spool folder. It'd be nice if a Maildir skel was added to /etc/skel, and
procmail delivering to that directory. But I'm sure that if they didn't
already include this is because it has plenty of side-issues (like,
probably, incompatibility with wu-imap).

Thanks all for your replies! They really helped!

Manuel Moran