[Dovecot] Dovecot -- basic setup

Sven Kirmess dovecot at kzone.ch
Thu Feb 19 23:57:52 EET 2004

Tom wrote:

> The error message on top is what I get when I try to catch up with any
> possible new mail: "Unable to get information about folder
> antwort.index. The server replied: Internal error." Syslog says
> "lstat(/home/tom/Mail/.antwort.index/cur) failed: Not a directory".
> Could be, of course: the directory should be ~/Mail/antwort/cur.

No. Dovecot uses . as mail hierarchy separator. Therefor the box
should be stored as /home/tom/Mail/.antwort.index/cur. Timo is working
on a change that will allow you to use / as separator but the current
release does not support that. You have to change your structure or
wait for the changed release.

Sven