[Dovecot] a newbie question.

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Sun Feb 8 20:10:02 EET 2004

Pahlevanzadeh Mohsen wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a newbie.Sorry for my question.
> I have RH9 & downloaded rpm of dovecot for RH9.
> I installed it:
> rpm -ivh nameOfthatrpm
> & when i ran
> #service dovecot start ,I recieved following lines:
> Starting IMAP daemon (dovecot): Fatal: Can't use SSL
> certificate /usr/share/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem: No such
> file  or directory
>                        [FAILED]
>

> Please guide me........

You'll need to review and modify /etc/dovecot.conf - either comment out
the imaps requirement for service, or generate a valid SSL certificate
(do a google search for openssl generate certificate). If you don't plan
on running SSL secured services, it's easier to turn them off in the
configuration.

-Rick

Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)