[Dovecot] LDAP configuration

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Wed Feb 18 00:03:37 EET 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 09:05:20PM +0100, Giacomo Cariello wrote:
> I've just installed dovecot to replace courier-imap and I've found out it
> didn't support some of the typical LDAP userPassword schemes, so I've
> written some based on OpenSSL API. Furthermore I noticed that the MD5 one
> seems broken. If it isn't a requirement to ship its own implementation of a
> crypto algorithm, I would send in a patch to replace schema checks with
> those based on libcrypto.

Any overlap with the LDAP MD5/SMD5 handler at
http://www.roughtrade.net/dovecot/ ?

Personally I prefer that Dovecot does its own crypto.  I like Timo's
buffer libraries, and using external libs would weaken that; you
might as well go use Cyrus SASL.

- Joshua.

--
Joshua Goodall                           "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109