[Dovecot] Maildir owner importance

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 29 19:06:15 EET 2004

On 29.12.2004, at 18:58, Roi Efrati wrote:

> That last line actually made it possible for me to be able to log into
> the server :)
> I am still getting errors from PAM but it starting to look good.
> Is there a good HowTo on setting Dovecot to comunicate directly to
> MySql without using PAM in the middle ?

I don't think there's anything else than doc/dovecot-mysql.conf, but it
should be pretty helpful.

> Also,
> Since Postfix is still not working on my server, I can't actually
> recive Emails.
> Is there somewere an example of the files that need to be in the
> maildir that I can put them in there and test that the email client
> get's the mail out ?

Maildir files are simple one message per file. It doesn't really matter
what the files are named. Just put them into new/ or cur/ directory and
Dovecot should see them. If you don't have real email files, that's
fine too. Just write something in the file.