[Dovecot] Moving existing MD5 passwords to LDAP?

Ben Beuchler insyte at emt-p.org
Fri Dec 24 00:59:56 EET 2004

I have a dovecot installing working quite well for around 1000 users using
passwd-file authentication.  I'm moving to LDAP and would sure love to be
able to migrate the existing MD5 passwords.

I've tried using ldapmodify to set "userPassword" to
{CRYPT}$1$H8JE0k5X$y.ptShgYbOgWF.99lX88N1
and
{MD5}$1$H8JE0k5X$y.ptShgYbOgWF.99lX88N1

In both cases, ldapmodify exits without errors but I cannot bind using the
new password.

Any ideas?

-Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                           There is no spoon.
insyte at emt-p.org                                            -- The Matrix