[Dovecot] Need subfolders - convert to Maildir & how?

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at birdvet.org
Wed Dec 22 17:13:02 EET 2004

Michael Hipp wrote:

> Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
>
>> Read "Detecting what to use" in the mail-storages document. Dovecot
>> checks to see if Maildir format is used and then falls back on mbox
>> storage.
>>
>> Have you checked your MTA (exim/postfix...) is delivering into maildir
>> format?
>

> Thank you. So Dovecot is good to go once I get the folders converted
> and get the MTA delivering to Maildir. I'll look at Postfix next.

Michael,

I've been working on a script that takes a fresh CentOS install
(http://www.centos.org) and turns it into a secure email server using
postfix, dovecot, clamav and spam assassin, all using Maildir.  The
script is still a bit raw, but it may help you to see what changes you'd
need to make to ensure that everything works well with Maildir.  Note:
CentOS is a RHEL 3 rebuild distro.

The script can be found here:

http://www.benjamin.weiss.name/mail-server.sh

HTH,