[Dovecot] KMail + dovecot

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Dec 16 03:24:18 EET 2004

Timothy Murphy wrote:
...snip...

> However, KMail does not seem to be able to collect email
> directly from alfred,
> even though I have added an entry in
> KMail=>Settings=>Configure KMail=>Network=>Receiving
> giving type imap, Name (dovecot), Login, Password, Host (alfred), Port (143).
> and Prefix to Folders "/var/spool/mail".

I'm not familiar with KMail, but if "Prefix to Folders" is a reference
to the folders on the IMAP server, you'll probably want to leave this blank.

you're running KMail on 'alfred' as well? it's not moving the mail from
the /var/spool/mail/<user> file to somewhere else when you read it, is
it?  that could also cause it to not appear on william during a check.

HTH

alan