[Dovecot] deploying dspam

Hauke Fath hf at spg.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 15 18:39:13 EET 2004

Am 15.12.2004 um 10:01 Uhr -0500 schrieb John Peacock:
>>bogofilter is a C-based statistical spam filtering ..yada..yada..yada.
>
>And it works acceptably for individual users (since it uses BDB for
>token storage).  I also question the author's knowledge of Berkeley
>DB usage, since he specifically discusses NFS usage which is
>strictly forbidden for all but a tiny number of NFS implementations
>(due to the BDB shared memory map requirements).
>
>However, for a larger installation, bogofilter simply won't work
>well, because it doesn't support a multiuser database (like MySQL or
>PostgreSQL).

While this of course depends on your definition of "larger", some
people seem to think otherwise:

http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa04/tech/blosser.html
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa04/tech/blosser/blosser.pdf

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik