[Dovecot] deploying dspam

Rick Jones rick at activeservice.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 22:06:56 EET 2004

--On 14 December 2004 18:53 +0100 Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net>
wrote:

| Marcus Rueckert schrieb:
|
| > why not do it at delivery stage from your MTA?
| > imho it is the better place for spamassassin.
|
| Sure. I want to filter there, but want to have the ability to later
| re-classify messages by just moving them out or into the spam folder
(which
| will be cleaned up by age)

How about using procmail for final delivery, and set up rules there? Then
the burden isn't on the MUA. I find it easier to do all my sorting rules
this way - apart from anything else it's then not dependent on what MUA you
use to read your mail.  In my case I use Mulberry locally, but horde/imp
webmail remotely.

BTW, I find SpamAssassin very effective, especially with continuous
training. What problems are you experiencing?

--
Rick Jones