[Dovecot] PostgreSQL user database

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 10 01:13:44 EET 2004

On 10.12.2004, at 01:05, Marco Herrn wrote:

>> CREATE VIEW
>
> Well, I wanted to avoid that. But if there is no way to define the
> fields seperately, I will have to create a view for this.

Well, view isn't exactly required as you can just write the same SQL
command into pass_query directly.

But why would you want to avoid views? They seem perfectly good
solution to me. And if views aren't enough, you could write PostgreSQL
function to return the wanted fields. In any case doing separate
queries to SQL server is just going to be slower. Perhaps with MySQL
separate queries would be required to get anything less trivial done.