[Dovecot] still problem with load

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bnap.hu
Wed May 21 13:26:02 EEST 2003

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 11:58, Farkas Levente wrote:
>
>>since everybody use OE6 they
>>always download all messages with huge mailboxes
>

> OE6 shouldn't do that, unless UIDVALIDITY changes. And it shouldn't
> change.
>

>>what's more dovecot index the whole system all the time.
>

> Dovecot should neither do that unless it thinks there's something wrong
> with the indexes. Don't you get any error messages in logs?
>
> If it really is rebuilding the indexes all the time without errors, try
> what happens if you use in-memory indexes? ie. add :INDEX=MEMORY to
> default_mail_env setting. Although that pretty much requires
> 0.99.10-test releases since there was some bugs in it before.
>
> And if OE6 reloads everything, check if the UIDVALIDITY keeps changing
> in dovecot-uidlist. It's in the first line, middle number.
>

>>IMHO 300 mailbox and 100 concurrent user is not such a big thing.
>

> No, it shouldn't be.

hops when I delete you next message (about drac), I've got an error
message that my server disconnected and the following error message in
the log file:
imap(lfarkas): May 21 12:20:01 Error: Corrupted index file
/home/lfarkas/Maildir/.INBOX/.imap.index: index.next_uid (64) >
uidlist.next_uid (63)
there is only on connection to the server and just only me who read my
mailbox.