[Dovecot] dovecot with ssl on rhl9

Elliot Peele ebpeele2 at pams.ncsu.edu
Tue May 20 02:49:35 EEST 2003

Has anyone gotten dovecot to work on Red Hat Linux 9 with ssl support?
It seems to work just fine on Red Hat Linux 8.0, but doesn't seem to
work Red Hat Linux 9. When I try to use openssl to connect to the server
i get:

[elliot at localhost elliot]$ openssl s_client -connect
rktest.physics.ncsu.edu:993
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=0 /OU=IMAP
server/CN=imap.example.com/emailAddress=postmaster at example.com
verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
verify return:1
depth=0 /OU=IMAP
server/CN=imap.example.com/emailAddress=postmaster at example.com
verify return:1
20949:error:140943FC:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad record
mac:s3_pkt.c:1052:SSL alert number 20
20949:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
failure:s23_lib.c:226:

I'm trying to use evolution 1.3.3 to connect via imaps. Whenever I click
on the mail folder it just says 'Scanning folders in "IMAP server
imap.example.com" (100%)' and then nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Elliot