[dovecot] pop3: last, and auth plain

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Wed Feb 26 23:04:54 EET 2003

Hi-

A couple of comments regarding the POP3 server (I realize the POP3
server is probably low priority though..)

One problem is that the "LAST" command is not supported.  Some mail
clients end up downloading all messages every time because of this
(or so I'm told).  The biggest source of these remarks is people
using the yahoo webmail front end.  I wonder if this could be added?

Also, under BSD/OS, the "auth plain" mechanism doesn't work.  Perusing
the mailing list archives, I see that the symptoms appear just like
those that were reported earlier for another BSD system.  I'm curious
as to whether there has been any progress on that front?

Yours,
-mm-