[dovecot] Re: Maildir plus mbox?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 25 01:06:31 EET 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 00:42, wolfgang wrote:
> is it possible with dovecot to have the inbox in Maildir format and additional
> imap folders in mbox format?

Currently no, but it's mostly just because I haven't figured out how it
should be configured.

I think they should be in their own namespaces at least. So that default
Maildir namespace has your INBOX, and then there would be #mbox/
namespace. That's how uw-imapd supports different mailbox formats.
Dovecot doesn't have any namespace configuration support yet, but I'll
probably add that soon.

If you really wanted it now, it wouldn't be too difficult to kludge into
the code though :)