[Dovecot-news] v2.1.8 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 3 05:22:25 EEST 2012

http://dovecot.org/releases/2.1/dovecot-2.1.8.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.1/dovecot-2.1.8.tar.gz.sig

Most importantly fixes a pretty bad behavior of sending mailbox names as
UTF-8 instead of mUTF-7 as required by IMAP RFC. I'm surprised nobody
hadn't noticed this in v2.1.x tree before yesterday. I guess some
clients might have translated the name to UTF-8 anyway and not noticed
it, while others would have silently ignored the problem of not seeing
STATUS updates.

	+ pop3c: Added pop3c_master_user setting.
	- imap: Mailbox names were accidentally sent as UTF-8 instead of mUTF-7
	  in previous v2.1.x releases for STATUS, MYRIGHTS and GETQUOTAROOT
	  commands.
	- lmtp proxy: Don't timeout connections too early when mail has a lot
	  of RCPT TOs.
	- director: Don't crash if the director is working alone.
	- shared mailboxes: Avoid doing "@domain" userdb lookups.
	- doveadm: Fixed crash with proxying some commands.
	- fts-squat: Fixed handling multiple SEARCH parameters.
	- imapc: Fixed a crash when message had more than 8 keywords.
	- imapc: Don't crash on APPEND/COPY if server doesn't support UIDPLUS.