[Dovecot-news] Released Sieve v0.1.8 and ManageSieve v0.11.7 for Dovecot v1.2.1

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Jul 13 01:11:00 EEST 2009

Hello Dovecot users,

The recent Dovecot v1.2.1 release broke ManageSieve compilation. Today,
I release new packages to fix this and additionally a few bugs are
resolved.

Changelog Sieve v0.1.8:

	- Fixed AIX compile problem. For portability, the typeof
	  operator is not used anymore.
	+ Added partial support for the deprecated notify extension.
	  However, it turns out that the implementation provided by
	  cmusieve is even older (2001), meaning that this is currently
	  not backwards compatible with cmusieve. Should be fixed in
	  next release.

Changelog ManageSieve v0.11.7:

	* Adjusted to changes in the Dovecot login API. This release now
	  depends on Dovecot v1.2.1 or newer.
	* Incorporated various small changes in IMAP into ManageSieve.
	  This includes properly enabling the generation of core dumps.
	- The previous release implicitly resolved the FreeBSD script
	  truncation error. This release adds a small correction to the
	  code that detects the truncation.
	- Fixed panic occurring when many errors are produced by the
	  Sieve compiler (bug found by Pascal Volk).
	- Fixed memory leak in the PUTSCRIPT command.

(ManageSieve patch)
	- Forgot to add the managesieve_logout_format setting to the
	  config file. Now it works (bug reported by Pascal Volk).

--

The releases are available as follows:

   Sieve:

http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/dovecot-1.2-sieve-0.1.8.tar.gz
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/dovecot-1.2-sieve-0.1.8.tar.gz.sig

   ManageSieve (package + patch):

http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/dovecot-1.2-managesieve-0.11.7.tar.gz
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/dovecot-1.2-managesieve-0.11.7.tar.gz.sig

http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/dovecot-1.2.1-managesieve-0.11.7.diff.gz
http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/dovecot-1.2.1-managesieve-0.11.7.diff.gz.sig

--

Have fun testing the new releases and don't hesitate to notify me when
there are problems.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch