[Dovecot-news] v1.1.rc8 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 3 01:15:50 EEST 2008

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/rc/dovecot-1.1.rc8.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/rc/dovecot-1.1.rc8.tar.gz.sig

I then decided to add the deliver -c feature to this release. Seems to
work in my tests, but who knows if it breaks something.. Although most
of the code is called only if -c parameter is given. Anyway we really
should have a comprehensive test suite written some day (yes, help is
really wanted for this :).

So let's hope this is the last RC release. If there aren't any major
problems I'll release v1.1.0 in a couple of weeks.

I'll also try to merge all my different development trees into a single
v1.2 code tree within a few weeks. v1.2.0 will probably be released this
summer as well, since it mainly has new features that don't change
existing code all that much (CONDSTORE is a bit invasive though).

	+ deliver: Added -c parameter to provide path to delivered mail.
	  This allows maildir to save identical mails to multiple recipients
	  using hard links.
	- rc6/rc7 broke POP3 with non-Maildir formats
	- mbox: Saving a message without a body or the end-of-headers line
	  could have caused an assert-crash later.
	- Several dbox fixes